Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lame Overdue Post

I have a theory. The first song I hear when I jump in my car is the greatest song ever. It doesn't seem to matter what band or genre it is, there is something about the immediate impact it has when I crank up the radio. Each song after that doesn't seem to have the same effect. I've been toying with this theory for a while now, but it gained a lot more cred yesterday when I heard Yothu Yindi and decided they were like totally awesome (I remember thinking at the time about how under-rated they were, or something like that - Yeah, I know, I was off the planet!) Then today my theory gained even more cred when I decided that Funeral For A Friend were my new favorite band. Help me. And I know my theory has some weight to it because after Funeral For A Friend they played a Daft Punk song and I was like 'ho-hum' what-ev about it. Scary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what bands are you into lately, I like the following songs:
Sex Is on Fire by K of L
Use Somebody by K of L
Those 2 grouse songs by MGMT
Walking in a Dream by Empire of the Sun
The new Lily Allen song (I think it's called Fear)

I hate:
ANYTHING by fall out boy, in fact they suck more than any other band except Nickelback or Hinder who suck MORE

I hate Eskimo Joe

BaSiL said...

hmm, well considering today you managed to 'offend' my left wing friend when you said that soy milk has made people gay, i do think that this post really does not match up.

Anonymous said...

Soy milk DOES make people gay. People who make soy milk which makes people gay should be lined up, and shot down like dogs.

Enthusiastic Hack said...

Hey Zac

Yeah I'm definetely diggin the new K of L tunes, as well as Lily Allen, Ladyhawke and the latest Nick Cave album. I also like this song that goes 'I like you so much better when you're naked' but I can't remember who sings it.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the naked song you refer to could apply to your visits to the Osteopath

I've always hated Nick's Cave it's very depressing