Friday, September 12, 2008

My hippie brother

I was hanging out with my youngest brother 'Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo' today. For those who don't know him, Joey Jo-Jo is an unshaven lad with dreadlocks and alternative op-shop-style clothing. We were in Fitzroy, and his bohemian image made the two of us a target for every left-wing activist and protester that happened to venture within 50 metres of us. I was not accustomed to all the attention; however Joey Jo-Jo is quite used to it. At one point we were driving past a 7-Eleven where a group of employees were protesting against 7-Eleven's low wages. Of all the dozens of cars on the road, this girl singled-out ours (because she caught sight of my brother's dreadlocks), and ran over to hand him a flyer. He happily took the flyer and said 'wow, 10 dollars an hour! That's pretty good. I might apply for a job here.'

He told me about a previous incedent: One time he was wearing a fur coat, and these hippies said to him 'I know that's not real, because you don't look like the kind of person who would wear real fur.' He replied, 'I wish it was, but I can't afford it.'

1 comment:

BaSiL said...

BAHAHAAAAAAAA!
Joey is classic.