Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Revolutionary Motivational Method

Whenever a successful person is interviewed, they invariably say the same thing: That early on in their life some teacher or coach told them they were hopelessly untalented and would never achieve anything. Successful people always cite this negative comment as the catalyst for their hungry pursuit of success, and their deep desire to 'prove them wrong.'

On the other hand, my own childhood was filled with plenty of praise and encouragement from my teachers; they often told me how clever and talented I was. It is only now that I realise this is precisely why I have never achieved anything.

Hence my Revolutionary Motivational Method: Strategic Discouragement. By heaping negative comments onto a young protege you will prevent them from becoming a complacent, lily-livered hack, and instead spur them on to accomplish much.

I hope those of you who are planning to be teachers (Basil) might implement this strategy, and watch your pupils go on to achieve great things in life.

Just think, one day some famous actor, when asked what the key to their success is, might say 'well, you know, it's all because of something my drama teacher once told me...'

4 comments:

BaSiL said...

I see what you're saying here, Hack. It's just it has to be strategic enough that you don't have 4 classes of students hating your guts and egging your car on the weekends. The Red Rocket suffers enough as it is.

delia said...

yeah - maybe this is more appropriate for primary school kids - get in early before they know how to deviously retaliate with eggs and spitballs and hatred..

Anonymous said...

I've been trying this with Armoured Combat Vehicle for years ...

... without much result.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Keep writing more funny stuff, people do read your blog