Monday, February 1, 2010

Six-word memoir (Submission #4)

Okay...pushing it this time:


Lets’s-start-right-at-the-beginning-shall-we-well-I-grew-up-in-a-suburb-of-a-relatively-large-city-in-a-Western-industrialised-country. Childhood-had-its-ups-and-downs-of-course-not-unlike-most-people-but-to-be-honest-on-the-whole-I-was-really-quite-comfortable-and-happy-most-of-the-time-growing-up-in-my-middle-class-traditional-nuclear-family-and-by-nuclear-of-course-I-am-referring-to-the-fact-that-the-household-in-which-I-grew-up-contained-my-mother-and-father-and-my-siblings-I-am-not-of-course-referring-to-nuclear-weapons-although-in-our-family-there-were-at-times-plenty-of-atomic-reactions-going-on-ha-ha-ha-just-a-little-joke-of-course-as-you-can-tell-I-also-developed-my-appalling-sense-of-humour-around-this-time. Next-came-adulthood-which-involved-marriage-children-a-car-a-house-a-refridgerator-a-television-a-pet-dog-a-pet-cat-that-ran-away-after-about-a-week-and-have-never-heard-of-since-and-furthermore-never-felt-any-compulsion-to-replace-and-a-garage-to-store-said-car-the-usual-assortment-of-modern-furniture-and-furnishings-to-fill-said-house-a-cot-and-appropriate-sleeping-quarters-for-said-child-food-to-fill-said-fridge-a-television-remote-to-switch-on-said-television-as-well-as-available-evenings-to-sit-in-front-of-said-television-and-squander-countless-hours-watching-mindless-formulaic-television-programs-and-advertisements-designed-to-confirm-and-celebrate-my-decision-to-fill-my-life-with-consumer-goods-such-as-cars-furniture-furnishings-refridgerators-and-everything-else-as-well-as-encourage-me-to-go-out-and-purchase-ever-more-of-these-items-even-though-in-reality-I-have-more-items-than-are-really-necessary-and-some-that-I-purchased-at-various-times-on-a-whim-and-have-never-used-since. Next-came-a-bunch-of-activities-revolving-around-employment-family-friends-hobbies-and-let’s-not-forget-sleep-yes-sleep-I’ve-done-plenty-of-that-too-in-fact-about-a-third-of-my-waking-hours-have-been-spent-sleeping-ha-ha-ha-get-it-waking-hours-ha-ha-ha-just-another-little-joke-I-thought-I’d-throw-in-there-anyway-that-just-about-wraps-up-my-life-thus-far-and-I-hope-some-day-to-publish-a-sequel-a-part-two-of-memoirs-but-I-just-need-to-live-a-bit-more-so-I-have-something-to-write-about-and-of-course-I-will-need-once-again-to-find-a-way-to-say-it-all-in-only-six-words.

3 comments:

Enthusiastic Hack said...

Okay, so this aint fun anymore,.

the website obviously has no moderator

delia said...

I wonder if you used four letter obscenities if it would block you? You would have to not include them hyphenated. Worth a try?

Enthusiastic Hack said...

good idea

will try it.

how about:

fuck, cunting fuck-faced motherfucking damn cunt