Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thesaurus

Below is an example of what can happen when somebody (read: me) becomes too dependant on a thesaurus.

You see, I have only just recently discovered the thesaurus on Microsoft Word. I can’t say I have ever really made much use of a thesaurus before, but it’s kind of addictive – I can see how it could become a definite crutch. I am over-using it I know, but I can’t help it.




Now here is the same paragraph, with every word changed to an alternative word using the thesaurus:



Underneath is an exemplar of I beg your pardon? can happen when someone (translate: me) becomes excessively child on a thesaurus.


You distinguish, I encompass solitary presently of late revealed the lexicon scheduled Microsoft Utterance. I cannot declare I encompass eternally actually created a large amount utilize of a vocabulary before, but it’s variety of addictive – I container perceive how it might be converted into an unambiguous support. I am in surplus of using it I discern, nevertheless I cannot aid it.

Currently at this juncture is the same subsection, with every word altered to a different word utilizing the lexicon:

4 comments:

ArmoredCombatVehicle said...

I like "Lexicon" as a word, I laughed the first time I used a dictionary to look up the definition. It should've just read "You're holdinhg one!"

BaSiL said...

My favourite sentence is:
"I am in surplus of using it I discern"

You sound so proper!

delia said...

Nevertheless I cannot aid it.

I will use that.

Great post.

Anonymous said...

I was going to make the same comment, the line about surplus is an absolute classic and may be used for generations to come