Monday, November 3, 2008

Crisis? What crisis?


With all the talk of impending financial Armageddon at the moment, I am reminded of this book I found a while ago called Surviving the Great Depression of 1990. It was written shortly after the 1987 stock market crash, and explains why the world is headed for an ‘unprecedented economic collapse’, and the ‘worst depression since the 1930s’ (does this sound familiar?) Whilst it is good to read just for a laugh, it also gives me some perspective on the current wave of fear-mongering in the press, and the ‘Capitalism is dead’ talk I am hearing everywhere. Perhaps the world is not about to end after all?

2 comments:

BaSiL said...

you're right, hack. we should have a vote in the US election. In fact, we should be able to RUN FOR PRESIDENT, too.

Anonymous said...

Enthusiastic Hack for President? I'd vote!